In episode 114, Dan and Michael talk with Wayne Journell about his new edited book, Unpacking Fake News: An Educator’s Guide to Navigating the Media with Students.
Books, Articles and Other Amazing Resources
- Unpacking Fake News An Educator’s Guide to Navigating the Media with Students edited by Wayne Journell
- Check out our episodes with chapter authors:
- Chapter 1: Episode 53: Teaching Difficult Knowledge with Jim Garrett
- Chapter 2: Episode 11: Rethinking Black History with LaGarrett King
- Chapter 3: Episode 104: Online Youth Civic Engagement with Ellen Middaugh
- Chapter 4: Episode 74: Civic Online Reasoning with Sarah McGrew
- Chapter 5: Episode 64: Elementary Social Studies with Anne-Lise Halvorsen
- Chapter 6: Episode 92: Teaching Against Misinformation with Erica Hodgin & Joe Kahne
- Chapter 7: Episode 61: Civic Education and Bridging the Partisan Divide with Chris Clark
- Afterword: Episode 12: Using Films Effectively with Jeremy Stoddard
Wayne Journell is an education professor at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. You can contact Wayne on Twitter @UNCGSocStudies or check out his website where you are steps away to reading more of his work. Or you can just sit back and read a Theory & Research in Social Education article and contemplate on Wayne’s mad editing skills.