In a free-wheeling discussion with Nate Bowling (which, to be honest, happens when this crew gets together), we explore his decision to leave his school and move to teach in an international school in Abu Dhabi. Nate also discusses what he sees as a way to retain teachers by bringing them into leadership roles (and keeping them in the classroom).
Books, articles, lessons, and other amazing resources
- Check out this article from The News Tribune about his decision to leave by Matt Driscoll, “Two of Tacoma’s top educators are leaving. The reasons why should serve as a warning.“
- Check out our past episodes with Nate!
- Check out our episode on teacher retention with Destiny Warrior
- You can find more about Nate’s work on his site: http://www.natebowling.com/
- And check out his podcast – Nerd Farmer
Nate Bowling currently teaches AP Government and Human Geography at Lincoln High in the Tacoma School District in Washington state. You can contact him on Twitter at @Nate_Bowling.