In episode 65, Michael & Dan chat with middle school teacher Andrew Swan about his efforts in building an online flipped community on Twitter and the use of blogging!
Books, articles, lessons, and other amazing resources
- Check out Andrew’s blog – Flipping Awesome Teaching!
- Andrew’s post Introducing #FlipBlogs
- #FlipBlogs on Twitter
- Archive for a #FlipBlog live chat
- Check out our episode on Episode 49: Flipped Classrooms with Elizabeth Miller.
- Here are some of the resources that he mentioned:
- Some blogs about Flipped Classroom
- Jon Bergmann’s Flipped Learning Global Initiative. Jon is ‘one of the main pioneers and popularizers of FL. In some countries, 10%+ of teachers are already following this practice, and a few schools are 100% flipped.’
- Matthew T. Moore’s Points of Interest for a Flipped Educator (math teacher)
- Chrystal Kirch’s Flipping with Kirch (math teacher)
Andrew Swan has taught middle school for the past 17 years! He earned a B.A. in History at Yale University and received a Master’s degree in teaching from Simmons College. During his teaching career, he has taught 6th, 7th, and 8th grade English, ancient history, and geography in Maine and Massachusetts. Reach him on twitter – @Flipping_A_Tchr or through his blog! Don’t stop looking for him, Swan.