In a free-ranging panel discussion about how the Presidential election 0f 2016 has impacted their classrooms, Michael and Dan are joined by former guest Nate Bowling and upcoming guest Chris Hitchcock.
Books, articles, lessons, and other amazing resources
- Check out episode 26 where we chat with Nate about school equity and resources.
- Check out episode 33 (upcoming) with guest Chris Hitchcock!
- Nate’s approach to helping his students digest the 2016 election was recently highlighted by King 5 (an NBC affiliate).
- Nate was also featured on his local NPR station discussing the impact of the election.
- Want to learn about Nate’s approach to teaching government? Check out this piece from KUOW.org!
- You can find more about Nate’s work on his site: http://www.natebowling.com/
Nate Bowling currently teaches AP Government and Human Geography at Lincoln High in the Tacoma School District in Washington state. You can contact him on Twitter at @Nate_Bowling.
Chris Hitchcock teaches world history at an online school. She is also a co-moderator of #sschat, a social studies focused Twitter group. And she was also recently awarded with the Jacobs Educator Award for her contributions to integrating technology with classroom learning. She will probably blush because we put this here. You can contact her via Twitter at @CHitch94.