In episode 164, Dan and Michael chat with Ryan Estrellado, Jesse Mostipak and Joshua Rosenberg about their new open source book titled, “Data Science in Education Using R.”
Books, Articles and Other Amazing Resources
- Estrellado, R. A., Bovee, E. A., Mostipak, J., Rosenberg, J. M., & Velásquez, I. Data science in education using R. Routledge.
- Find the online version of the book hosted at https://datascienceineducation.com
- Links discussed in the episode:
- Josh and Ryan do a podcast called About Practice that’s about the connection between research and practice in education.
- Episode 87: Data Visualization & Literacy in Social Studies with Tamara Shreiner
Ryan Estrellado works at the San Diego South County SELPA, where he designs solutions to help school districts build equitable systems for students with disabilities. You can tweet at him at them @ry_estrellado and view new book updates on Instagram at @ry_estrellado.
Jesse Mostipak is a first-generation college graduate who started their career as a high school science teacher before taking a hard left turn into data science. You can tweet at him at them @kierisi.
Joshua Rosenberg is an assistant professor of STEM education and faculty fellow at the Center for Enhancing Education in Mathematics and Sciences at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. His research focuses on how learners think of and with data, particularly in science education settings. You can tweet at him at @jrosenberg6432.
You can find the other members of the project who did not participate in the podcast on Twitter too: Isabella Velásquez (@ivelasq3) and Emily Freer (@efreer20).