In this episode, Dan and Michael chat with Tonia Dousay, co-chair of the SITE Social Media SIG, about teaching digital footprints.
Books, Articles and Other Amazing Resources
- BYU Digital Literacies tutorial is no longer available, but check out https://www.internetsociety.org/tutorials/your-digital-footprint-matters/
- Brand Yourself: https://brandyourself.com/
- Check out Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism by Safiya Umoja Noble: http://algorithmsofoppression.com/
- SITE Social Media SIG: http://site.aace.org/sigs/social-media-sig/
- Check out Dr. Dousay’s University of Idaho site to learn more about her work: https://www.uidaho.edu/ed/ci/faculty/tonia-dousay
Tonia Dousay, Ph.D. is a K20 educator, Google Certified Innovator, & Google Certified Trainer with 20 years of instructional design and eLearning project management experience. She completed her PhD in Learning, Design, and Technology at the University of Georgia, and is a faculty member at the University of Idaho. As an early adopter and researcher of technology, she focuses on how we empower learners of all ages to take control of their own learning experiences.