In this episode, Dan and Michael talk with Brenda Tracy about her work as an activist to confront sexual assault through her Set the Expectation non-profit organization.
Books, Articles and Other Amazing Resources
- Visit her site: https://www.brendatracy.com/
- Visit the #SetTheExpectation site: https://www.settheexpectation.com/
- We Believe: The Best Men Can Be | Gillette (Short Film): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koPmuEyP3a0
- Films by Jennifer Siebel Newsom:
- Confronting toxic masculinity, The Mask You Live In: http://therepresentationproject.org/film/the-mask-you-live-in-film/
- Sexism and misogyny in media, Miss Representation: http://therepresentationproject.org/film/miss-representation-film/
- Here’s some articles on teaching consent, but please send us your most effective ones on Twitter:
Brenda Tracy is a survivor, student, nurse, advocate, mother, activist, and lobbyist seeking to confront sexual assault and physical violence. She speaks to athletes and organizations around the country. Her non-profit, Set The Expectation, aims to confront sexual assault, and the people and systems who support them, across society. Follow her on Twitter at @brendatracy24.