In episode 190, Dan and Michael chat with Van Anh Tran about her article published in Social Studies & the Young Learner, “We Are Here: Civic Education through Southeast Asian Deportation Community Defense.”
Books, Articles and Other Amazing Resources
- Tran, V. A. (2022). We are here: Civic education through Southeast Asian deportation community defense. Social Studies and the Young Learner, 34(3), 25-32.
- See Sidebar A in the article for more about Saray Im, including: Redondo, Brian, dir. Keep Saray Home. Boston, MA: Working Films, 2010. https://www.keepsarayhome.com
- Thi Bui, “Refugee to Detainee: How the U.S. is Deporting Those Seeking a Safe Haven,” The Nib, June 13, 2018, https://thenib.com/refugee-to-detainee-how-the-u-s-is-deporting-those-seeking-a-safe-haven/
- Asian American Resource Workshop (AARW) out of Boston, Massachusetts
- Southeast Asia Resource Action Center (SEARAC)
- Southeast Asian Freedom Network (SEAFN)
Van Anh Tran is a Postdoctoral Fellow at Stanford University, working closely with the Center to Support Excellence in Teaching (CSET). She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.