In Episode 54, Michael & Dan chat with Tim Huijgen about his recent Theory & Research in Social Education article that focused on getting students to take on historical perspectives.
Books, articles, lessons, and other amazing resources
- Check out his TRSE article – Toward Historical Perspective Taking: Students’ Reasoning When Contextualizing the Actions of People in the Past!
- Tim’s personal website (with all published articles): http://www.rug.nl/staff/t.d.huijgen/research
- Open access article about the construction of an observation instrument: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10212-016-0295-8
- Open access article about measuring students’ ability to perform historical perspective taking:https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10212-014-0219-4
- Open access article written bij Jannet van Drie and Carla van Boxtel about historical reasoning: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10648-007-9056-1
T.D [Tim] Huijgen is a teacher and a teacher educator in the Netherlands. He comes from a family of educators and was recently published in Theory & Research in Social Education! Check out his university website and you are clicks away to reading all if his work!