In episode 18, Michael and Dan talk with Joseph Boyle about note-taking strategies for students with learning disabilities.
Books, articles, lessons, and other amazing resources
- Here is a link to everything that Joseph Boyle has written!
- Here is the link to Dr. Boyle’s very helpful strategic note-taking website! Peruse to learn more about the strategy, research information about it, and teacher resources!
- Two articles that Joe recommends for teachers wanting to know more.
- Boyle, J. R., Forchelli, G. A., & Cariss, K. (2015) Note-taking interventions to assist students with disabilities in content area classes. Preventing School Failure: Alternative Education for Children and Youth, 59:3, 186-195, DOI: 10.1080/1045988X.2014.903463
- Boyle, J.R. (2012). Note-taking and students with learning disabilities: Challenges and solutions. Learning Disabilities Research and Practice, 27(2), 90-101. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5826.2012.00354.x.
- Note: This article was the one Michael read prior to meeting Dr. Boyle.
Joseph R. Boyle is an associate professor of special education in the College of Education at Temple University in Philadelphia. To contact him (or learn more about him), check out this link.